FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need to book my own location?
Yes! Please refer to our How to Book page for details. We will not take payment until you have secured your desired location.
What requirements must the location have?
Power and water are ideal, although we do have ‘off the grid’ options. Please ensure the site is large enough for a 16ft (Pearl) or 19ft (Pepper) Van. We also recommend trying to secure a shaded site for your added comfort in Summer months!
Does Wander + Laze set everything up?
Yes! In essence, this is a glamping experience, therefore we take all the hard work out of it for you. When you arrive, the Caravan will be set up at your booked site, and ready to enjoy.
Do I need to tow the caravan?
No! We take care of the tricky stuff.
What should I bring?
Clothing, food (pantry staples supplied), toiletries. All linen, towels etc. are supplied.
Can I book for 1 night?
Unfortunately due to time it takes to travel, set up and pack up, we have a 2 night minimum. You are welcome to stay for 1 night, however the charges will remain the same as a 2 night stay.
Can I book outside the Margaret River region?
We can tow to a different location upon request. Extra charges will apply if the location is North of Busselton or South of Margaret River township. Included locations are listed here. If you would like to discuss possible ‘dry hire’ (hirer to pick up and tow) of a Van, please contact us.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS + CONDITIONS – CARAVAN HIRE
1. DEFINITIONS “Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property. “Property” means Wander + Laze Caravan and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment. “Management” means the owners and managers of the Property. "Guests" means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking. "Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY. • Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. CHECK IN/ OUT • Check-in time is not before 3pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 10am on departure date. These times will be dependent on location provider and will need to be discussed prior to arrival • Late departure is subject to prior arrangement with both the location provider and the service provider, and extra charges will apply. • You must notify Management of expected arrival time and a mobile contact number at least 7 days before arrival. • Check-in/check-out and key collection/return procedure arrangements will be discussed upon booking.
4. PAYMENT OPTION • Your Booking is split into two portions – the non-refundable deposit and the remaining balance. You may pay both portions (the full amount) in Australian Dollars, up-front or pay the deposit initially and subsequently pay the remaining balance. A deposit of 50% of your stay (minimum), must be received within 24hrs after the Booking is taken by Management. Bookings are not confirmed unless and until this deposit is received. • Payment in full must be received no later than 7 days prior to your arrival.
• Payments of the amount due must be received in Australian $ net of any bank or other transaction charges. • Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits or the Booking will be cancelled automatically without notice or liability to you. • We accept payment by the following methods: PayPal Invoice or direct deposit into our bank account. • Personal cheques will be accepted if received at least 30 days prior to arrival. Cash payments are not accepted. Our bank details if not set out below will be advised to you.
5. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION OPTION • If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact us immediately on 0429195958 or at • Your deposit is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation. • If you have paid more than the deposit or paid in full and cancel your Booking you will be refunded 50% of the total invoice amount • Should you be eligible for a refund it will be made through your chosen payment method at time of Booking. • A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of nights stay will be a treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those nights. • A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of guests will be treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those guests • If Management is able to relet the Property for the period cancelled a further refund may be made less administration charges, commissions and expenses • We have a minimum night stay policy of 2 nights. No refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches our minimum night stay policy.
6. SECURITY BOND
• A bond payment of $500 is required at the same time as the outstanding balance of your Booking. It will be credited to your designated payment method once our property has been inspected and deemed left in a similar state to your arrival. We agree to ensure this occurs within 7 working days of your departure. • Any damage, loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged against the bond. Examples of this include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared.
7. UNAVAILABILITY • If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. fire, storm, damage, etc) then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; failing which any moneys paid will be refunded in full. Management have the right to cancel your booking upon forecast of extreme weather during your booking period.
8. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS • Either Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. • Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Please also refer to the booking conditions of the location provider.
9. LINEN AND TOWELS • We supply linen, pillows, blankets and towels which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms on departure. Please do not leave wet towels on beds or furniture. Further linen may be hired through Management.
10. PETS • Pets are not allowed at the Property
11. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES • You must comply with all applicable Van Rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours. • You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at Management's discretion) • Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property overnight. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund. • Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses. • Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition. • Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security bond • All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived • The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to Management or as otherwise directed. • You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys will be provided at an additional charge • Smoking is not permitted in the Property or in the awning area. • In the event of extreme winds, you are responsible for ensuring the awning and its contents are secure or packed away. • You are not permitted to tow the property unless it is in immediate risk of damage e.g. Flooding. Please refer to all rules and conditions of booking associated with your location provider.
12. INSURANCE + LIABILITY • The Guest agrees to use, operate and possess the Property at the Guests risk. • The Guest acknowledges and agrees that the Management will have no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to any property of the Guest. • To the full extent permitted by the law, the Guest releases and discharges the Management from: (1) all claims and demands on the Management; (2) any loss or damage whatsoever and whenever caused to Guest whether by way of death, or injury to, any person of any nature or kind, accident or damage to property, delay financial loss or otherwise arising directly or indirectly from or incidental to a breakdown of, or defect in, the property or any accident to or involving the property or their use, operation, repair, maintenance or storage (whether caused by the negligence of the Management or otherwise) or which may otherwise be suffered or sustained in, upon or near the property.
12. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS • In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours. • Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property. • Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property.